Empty storefronts and properties can successfully be managed and advanced for sale or lease with the right solutions providing partner. Successful surplus store management revolves around protecting your assets, minimizing costs and hiring a trusted partner with expertise and experience in managing multiple locations with 24/7/365 nationwide response.
When turning over a portfolio of properties, ensure the chosen partner offers a blueprint of four key factors to surplus store management: Turnkey Management, Security, Exterior Maintenance and Interior Maintenance while also offering guiding data points and an opportunity to remotely govern all the locations from a cloud-based dashboard.
• Ability to complete all aspects of due diligence to reduce regulatory risks
• Offers environmental remediation, construction and maintenance to repurpose the property for sale, for lease or for innovative use
• Minimum expenditures to maintain facility integrity, curb appeal and local ordinance compliance
• Cost avoidance-based menus offering the most ideal maintenance options
• Prepare the location for dark status
• Complete inventory pack-up, transport, store and inspect
• Assist in transportation including BOL paperwork, set up pickup times, etc.
• Secured warehouse for storage of clients’ products received for third-party viewing
• 24/7/365 monitoring and dispatching for all alarms
• Affordable cell-based alarm equipment is the most ideal
• RTU protection from theft or vandalism
• Real time activity data, logs and reports
• Avoid local fines with compliance to ordinances
• Handle any/all client CAM requirements
• Cameras providing daily snapshots of parking lots condition to avoid dumping and parking
• “No Trespassing” and “No Parking” sign installation
• As needed parking lot cleanup
• Essential only HVAC maintenance to control temperatures and avoid mold growth and extreme cold
• Manage all electrical, plumbing and cosmetic needs
• Remotely govern and manage locations with IoT smart cloud-based dashboards
Avoid large capital expenditures, protect your portfolio’s assets, keep costs low and align with a holistic service provider that can manage all of your surplus store services, needs and future goals.
— Steve Peldiak is president of Watterson, a national provider of facilities maintenance, emergency response and environmental services supporting over 60,000 commercial properties.
This Article was originally published in Retail & Restaurants weekly newsletter